I love peanut butter! When I was pregnant with each of my kids I ate it straight from the jar with a spoon. I may have continued eating it that way for many years afterwards as well. :)
I stopped eating peanut butter and nuts for a few months but have recently started eating peanut butter again in small amounts.
These raw, vegan peanut butter cookies are made with only four ingredients. They are great for a snack or crumbled on top on banana nice cream, which is my obsession at the moment.
Raw,Vegan Peanut Butter Cookie Bites (Raw, Vegan, Gluten Free)
- 1 cup oats or almond meal
- 1 cup pitted dates - I use medjool dates
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tbls peanut butter or nut butter of choice.
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Place oats in food processor and process until a crumbly, course flour like texture.
- Add in remaining ingredients and process until well combined and sticks together.
- If too dry, add a tsp of water or more peanut butter until sticky and process again.
- Remove from processor and roll into balls.
- If you want to make cookies, press down gently with a fork in a criss-cross patern.
- Store in a container in the refrigerator.
If using almond meal place all ingredients in processor at once and process. To make gluten free be sure to use certified gluten free oats.
Optional Add-ins: If using, place in processor when adding remaining ingredients and add extra peanut butter or a little water if using oats.
- 1-2 tablespoons vanilla or chocolate protein powder
- 1 tablespoon ground flax
What's your favorite cookie? Please comment and share below.